Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run






LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) – Geraldo Rivera said Thursday he is “truly contemplating” running for one of New Jersey‘s U.S. senate seats as a Republican.


The Fox News host said on his radio show that he would run against incumbent Democrat Frank Lautenberg or Newark Mayor Cory Booker, a likely candidate for the seat if the 89-year-old Lautenberg steps down.






“I mention this only briefly, fasten your seatbelt,” Rivera said. “I mentioned this only briefly to my wife … but I am and I’ve been in touch with some people in the Republican Party in New Jersey. I am truly contemplating running for Senate against Frank Lautenberg or Cory Booker.”


The Republican Party of New Jersey did not immediately reply to requests from TheWrap for confirmation.


Lautenberg, currently the oldest sitting senator, has not yet announced whether he will run for another term in 2014. But Booker has said he plans to make a bid for the seat.


Rivera said he is “having a great time” working in media but the 69-year-old said he has reached an age where he must contemplate other moves.


“I’m not going to drill this out, because obviously I’ve got commitments to Fox and to here at the radio program and I’m really having a great time,” Rivera said. “But I figure at my age, if I’m going to do it I’ve got to do it. And there doesn’t seem to be any Republicans ready to work against or run against Corey Booker, the popular Newark mayor.”


TV News Headlines – Yahoo! News





Title Post: Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run
Url Post: http://www.news.fluser.com/geraldo-rivera-truly-contemplating-new-jersey-senate-run/
Link To Post : Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run
Rating:
100%

based on 99998 ratings.
5 user reviews.
Author: Fluser SeoLink
Thanks for visiting the blog, If any criticism and suggestions please leave a comment




You're reading an article about
Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run
This article
Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run
can be opened in url
http://highbeams891.blogspot.com/2013/02/geraldo-rivera-truly-contemplating-new.html
Geraldo Rivera ”Truly Contemplating” New Jersey Senate Run